Saturday, August 2, 2014

this boy | my heart . . .






he is demanding and delightful. crazy and cute. he has a way of making himself heard above the constant noise of daily life. he ensures he is noticed even though he is the smallest. he has planted himself firmly in our family. when i pick him up his little arms reach out. they hook around my neck and he pulls me in close. if i'm lucky, he smacks his lips together three times, before pressing them squarely on mine. he seeks out danger at every opportunity. a hot oven. a sharp knife. something to climb high and leap fearlessly from. he is walking and talking at a rapid rate. racing to keep up. taking on the world. he leaves me utterly exhausted and equally elated.  

: :

{photos taken on our recent trip to melbourne. we had the pleasure of calling this gorgeous place home for the week}

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous... your words and your photos. Your little man sounds like a delightful, fun-loving little character xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those little people in the big city! Such a beautiful little boy you have there. The house looks gorgeous too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Oscar has grown so. You have three beautiful children, but your Oscar sounds both terrifying and delightful (a little bit like mine). x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my third! She's only 6 months but is the most challenging of all 3! She frustrates me to no end and I love her fiercely all the more. The things these tiny little beings can do to a person =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can sense the love, from mom to son, and from son to mom. So sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the jury's out - third children share the same traits! And how blonde IS he? Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Rachel! He sounds like such a character. SO much expression in your beautiful photos. Also your house looks so enchanting too. I am becoming obsessed :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by.